On my most recent day off, I was invited by some lovely French ladies to take them on a tour. We decided to go in the direction of Plaka (with a view on Spinalonga), Elounda and Agios Nicolaos.
We agreed that also some work would be done. So the two ladies where of help photographing the traffic signs for the new to create route 82. This route will probably go from Hersonissos towards the villages of Avdou, Gounies, Mochlos, Neapoli, Vrouchas and will end in Elounda. Points of interest that I already can mention are:
- The former village of Sfendili, which is now under water because of the dam.
- The gigantic tree in Krasi.
- The picturesque square of Mochos.
- The insane view over Stalida and Malia.
- A tour in the olive factory of Vassilakis Estate.
- A visit to the Amazonas Wild life park.
- Selfi-time with Spinalonga in the background.
- The crystal clear waters of the Mirabello bay.
Sorry that you still have to wait a bit, but we can tell; an amazing road trip.